The district has implemented programs to address the following mental health, behavioral health, and substance abuse concerns:
• Mental health promotion and early intervention;
• Building skills to manage emotions, establish and maintain positive relationships, and engage in responsible decision-making;
• Substance abuse prevention and intervention;
• Suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention (interventions after a suicide in a community);
• Grief, trauma, and trauma-informed care;
• Positive behavior interventions and supports;
• Positive youth development; and
• Safe, supportive, and positive school climates.
If a student has been hospitalized or placed in residential treatment for a mental health condition or substance abuse, the district has procedures to support the student’s return to school.
Please contact Amy Yocom at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on our programs.
Physical & Mental Health Resources:
Parents & students in need of assistance with physical and mental health concerns may contact the following campus and community resources:
*District Full-time Nurse-WenDee Rhoades (806) 562-4031
*District Full-time Counselor-Amy Yocom (806) 562-2608
*The local public health authority-Texas Department of Health Services (806) 744-3577
*The local mental health authority-StarCare (806) 766-0310